R.D.&D.J.COLLEGE,MUnger
A Constituent Unit of TMBU, Bhagalpur
HOME ABOUT US LATEST UPDATE TEACHERS & NON-TEACHING CONTACT US  
Brief History of R.D.& D.J.College : Home
                                                Preface  

              From humble beginning 119 years ago, R.D. & D.J. College, Munger has been able to establish itself as a leading institution of higher learning in a developing state of Bihar, catering to the needs of students in Arts, Science & Commerce discipline. The college thrives to combine the goals of academic excellence and integrity with the ideal of ethical and moral values, equity and social justice.

                The motto of the institution is “Satya Mewa Jayte”, which is enshrined on the auditorium hall of the college. While inculcating pride in India’s culture and heritage, we have tried to give our students upgraded information through regular seminars on India’s and world affairs. We have tried to provide the best education possible in the streams of science, arts and commerce. An evidence of the success of these endeavors is that the college has consistently maintained its position as a ‘college of choice’ for many of the best students of eastern Bihar.

              We also keep ourselves aware of the recent trend in the industry and ensure that our students meet with the contemporary demands in terms of their employability. With this perspective the college is to start B.C.A. (Bachelor of Computer Application) from the ensuing academic session.

             We look forward to the assessment process for NAAC accreditation as an opportunity to learn and to reflect critically ourselves on our strength and weakness. The preparation of this report under the Nodal Officer Prof. (Dr.) A.P. Sinha and Co-ordinator Prof. (Dr.) Ranjana Singh, and all the steering committee members, and college staffs at all levels itself has brought us together as a community. This process has given us an opportunity to understand and document our system and practices and comprehend how they can be improved for the better tomorrow.

            Its true that a large number of experienced teachers have retired in last few years, but the next generation of teachers have taken over the responsibility of carrying forward the tradition and legacy of the college. A spirit of enthusiasm and accountability has engulfed the body politic of the institution, the R.D. & D.J. College to embark upon a new chapter in the story which had begun in the year 1898. For us the meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve higher in the academic horizon.

  A Timeline

1898   :  The College owes its origin and name to the magnanimous effort of the leading Citizens of Munger town to commemorate Diamond Jubilee of     the Queen Victoria …..hence the name “The Diamond Jubilee College”.

            : Affiliated to the Calcutta University and prepared students for the First Arts Examination for both Arts and Science subjects.

1919    :   The College was affiliated to Patna University up to Intermediate Arts.

 1920  :  In 1920 the present site of the college covering an area of about 15 acres was acquired and foundation stone was laid on the 18th February, 1921 by Lord Sinha, the then Governor of Bihar and Orissa. (The Main block and Tutorial block).

 1925 :  The present Arts and Commerce Block was designed by Mr. E.H. Johnston, the then    Collector of Munger, on the model of an English Public School. It was inaugurated in 1925 from the aid provided by the Excellency Sir Henry Wheelar.

 1946   :    Degree classes started in all leading subjects.

            :  Rani Parmeshwari Devi, wife of Late Raja Deoki Nandan Prasad Singh of Munger, donated Rs. 1,00,000/= (One lac) to the college, and in accordance with her wish the name of her husband was added.

 1948  :   The college was renamed R.D. & D.J. College (Raja Deoki Nandan and Diamond Jubilee College).

 1952  :   The college came under Bihar University.

            :   The college obtained affiliation in B.Com. and I.Sc. classes.

 1957  :   Boys and Girls Common Room constructed.

 1960  :   The college celebrated its own Diamond Jubilee and the distinguished visitor was the              

               First President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad.

            :   College came under T.M. Bhagalpur University.

 1964   :   R.D. and D.J. College became a constituent unit of Bhagalpur University.

 2002  :    Centenary Celebration held (Governor of Nagaland, S.K. Dutta was the chief guest).

  2012 :     The State Govt. awarded “The Centre of Excellence” to the college.

 
       
       
  read more..

 

Copyright 2017, R.D. & D.J. College, Munger